Bruce A. Mueller, PharmD, is Professor Emeritus of Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy. He served as Interim Dean until June 2022. Dr. Mueller's clinical and laboratory-based research has focused on issues faced by patients with kidney disease for over 25 years. He has published over 150 peer-reviewed papers in the areas of dialysis, pharmacokinetics, continuous renal replacement therapies, and drug therapy in patients with kidney disease. His research spans the areas of nephrology, critical care, infectious diseases, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics. He has trained many current leaders in this area of pharmacy through his work in graduate, residency, and post-doctoral fellowship training programs. Dr. Mueller is a fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, American Society of Nephrology, and the National Kidney Foundation. He has received numerous teaching awards.
Dr. Mueller is no longer accepting new trainees into his laboratory.
- 2020 University of Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education Distinguished Leadership Award, IPE Center
- 2017 St. Catherine's High School Hall of Fame, St. Catherine's High School, Racine, Wis
- 2015 University of Michigan Provost’s Teaching Innovation Prize (Faculty Team Lead - Burgunda Sweet), University of Michigan
- 2015 Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research Distinguished Clinical and Translational Research Mentor Award, University of Michigan
- 2015 American College of Clinical Pharmacy's Critical Care PRN Research Award, ACCP
- 2015 65th Annual University of Wisconsin Kremers Lecturer, University of Wisconsin
- 2011 Fellow of the National Kidney Foundation, National Kidney Foundation
- 2009 Fellow in the American Society of Nephrology, American Society of Nephrology
- 2000 University Faculty Scholar, Purdue University, Purdue University
Lewis SJ, Mueller BA. Development of a vancomycin dosing approach for critically ill patients receiving hybrid hemodialysis using Monte Carlo Simulation. SAGE Open Med 2018
Jang SM, Pai MP, Shaw AR, Mueller BA. Antibiotic exposure profiles in trials comparing intensity of continuous renal replacement therapy. Crit Care Med. 2019 Nov;47(11):e863-e871. doi: 10.1097/CCM.0000000000003955. PMID: 31397714
Crass RL, Rodvold KA, Mueller BA, Pai MP. Renal Dosing of Antibiotics: Are We Jumping the Gun? Clin Infect Dis 2019;68:1596-1602.
Rybak MJ, Lodise TP, Bradley JS, Liu C, Mueller BA, Pai MP, Wong-Beringer A, Rotschafer JC, Rodvold KA, Maples HD, Lomaestro BM. Executive Summary: Therapeutic Monitoring of Vancomycin for Serious Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infections: A Revised Consensus Guideline and Review of the American Society of Health-SystemPharmacists, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, and the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists. Pharmacotherapy. 2020 Apr;40(4):363-367.
Jang SM, Shieh JJ, Riley IR, Dorshow RB, Mueller BA. Adsorption and clearance of the novel fluorescent tracer agent MB-102 during continuous renal replacement therapy: in vitro results. ASAIO Journal ():10.1097/MAT.0000000000001943, April 19, 2023. | DOI: 10.1097/MAT.0000000000001943