2023 PharmD Commencement
The PharmD Commencement ceremony will be held in person and live streamed.
- Commencement Speaker
- Event Day Information
- Please plan to arrive early. Graduates must be at Rackham by 1:00 pm.
- Please turn off all cell phones.
- Commencement will start at 2:00 pm.
- Line up in alpha order.
- First person of the row enters and moves all the way to the far side of the row.
- Each row follows in turn.
Oath of a Pharmacist:
- Class representative will instruct you to speak loudly and in UNISON.
Hooding of the Graduates:
- Faculty Marshal will lead first student from seat to stage, entire row follows.
- Each row will rise and process to the stage. The faculty marshal will release you to enter the stage as your name is called.
- Stand on the X in front of the Associate Deans to be hooded.
- Walk to the DEAN and shake hands (photo will be taken).
- Walk to the Faculty Marshal for Certificate (for photo purposes only).
- When you return to your original seat....PLEASE BE SEATED IMMEDIATELY.
- Group photo will be taken on the steps of Rackham immediately following the ceremony.
- Please return rentals gowns, hood, and tams to the back of the auditorium before leaving Rackham.
- Pick up envelope with graduation materials at the same time.
- Ann Arbor Travel
The Commencement Ceremony is being held at Rackham Auditorium.
Address: 915 E. Washington Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Detroit International Airport (DTW) is the airport nearest Ann Arbor. Travel time from DTW to Ann Arbor is approximately 25 minutes.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS (to Rackham)
A complete list of driving directions can be found at: http://www.rackham.umich.edu/rackham_building/driving_directions/
Parking is available in the city structures: Maynard (324 Maynard St), Washington (215 Washington Street), Liberty (510 E. Washington) and Forest (650 S. Forest)
The gates to the Thayer (216 S. Thayer Street), Fletcher, Hill (201 Fletcher Street), Thompson (500 Thompson St) and Palmer-Blue Area (200 Washtenaw Avenue) structures will be opened at 10 a.m. for commencement guests. Parking enforcement in these areas will be suspended from 10 a.m. to the end of posted enforcement hours. Even though enforcement is suspended, we encourage guests not to park in any specialty signed spaces (Gold, UM Business, Service Vehicle, etc. The campus parking structures fill to capacity during the business days.
A complete list of restaurants in the Ann Arbor area can be found at: http://www.visitannarbor.org/dining
- Ann Arbor Travel - Accommodations
Holiday Inn North
3600 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
300 South Thayer
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Graduate Ann Arbor
615 East Huron Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Residence Inn Ann Arbor Downtown
120 West Huron Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
A complete list of accommodations in the Ann Arbor area can be found at: http://www.visitannarbor.org/accommodations/hotels
Will guests need to bring the commencement announcements to get into Rackham?
No. Guests will not need to bring anything to enter.
Is there a limit of guests we can invite?
Currently there is no limit of how many guests can be invited.
We anticipate that the venue will open for guests and seating will begin approximately 45 minutes prior to the published start time. We recommend arriving no later than 30 minutes before the start time.
Academic attire will be distributed after the P4 seminar on April 14. Please note that the hood has been removed from your tam/gown bag as you will be hooded on stage. Return your gown and hood within 30 minutes after the ceremony concludes unless you are attending the UM Commencement Ceremony on April 29. Please email Hilda McDonald (hildiris) if you are attending the UM commencement. Keep your tassel and cord (s).
Gowns, tams and hoods must be returned on Monday, May 1 to the Student Services reception area of the College.
The College of Pharmacy PharmD Commencement Exercises will be livestreamed. The link will appear on this page before the event begins.
- Health and Safety Protocols
The following protocols will be in place for guests to attend the Commencement Ceremony. Guests should check this page for any changes or updated requirements from the University for in person events occuring in April 2023.
Effective March 14, 2022, masking will be optional in most indoor spaces on campus including in offices, residence halls and at athletic events. It is expected that all individuals of the U-M community and guests stay home when they are not feeling well (do not attend work, class, gatherings or events) and individuals are expected to continue to use ResponsiBLUE and ResponsiBLUE Guest as a daily symptom checker.
Additionally, neither proof of vaccination nor recent negative test are required for attendance at this event.
- Event Livestream